The Coastal Region Metropolitan Planning Organization (CORE MPO), which is the transportation planning agency for the Savannah area, is developing the 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (2040 MTP), called The Total Mobility Plan. The general public is invited to provide input in the plan development in the ways listed below.
Public Comment Period on the Draft Plan: June 25 – August 21, 2014. The draft MTP can be reviewed at the MPC, Chatham Area Transit, Savannah City Clerk’s Office, Broughton Municipal Building, Chatham County Engineering Department, Live Oak Public Library branches and university libraries, or online at www.thempc.org/transportation.htm. The public may also participate in an online survey athttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Coastal-Region-MPO-Total-Mobility-Plan.
Public meetings for the draft plan:
- Monday, July 21, 5:00 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 520 Washington Avenue, Savannah, GA.
- Thursday, July 24, 5:00 p.m. at Frank Murray Community Center, 160 Whitemarsh Island Road, Savannah, GA
- Wednesday, July 30, 5:00 p.m. at Mighty 8th Air Force Museum, 175 Bourne Avenue, Pooler, GA
- CORE MPO Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting, August 21, 5:00 p.m. at MPC, 112 E. State Street, Savannah, GA.
- CORE MPO Board Meeting, August 27th, 10:00 a.m. at MPC, 112 E. State Street, Savannah, GA.
Final Public Hearing to receive comments on Draft Plan: CORE MPO Board Meeting, August 27, 10:00 a.m. at MPC, 112 E. State Street, Savannah, GA.
Please submit comments, questions, or requests for special accommodations to Mark Wilkes at 912-651-1477, at email@example.com, or at MPC, 110 E. State St., Savannah, GA 31401.
Transportation Administrative Assistant
Chatham County-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission
110 E. State Street
Savannah, GA 31410