2 cups cooked durum wheat macaroni
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 stem kale, stem removed, chopped
2 miniature red bell peppers, chopped
1 miniature yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 small sweet potato (about 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease a mini muffin pan very well with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for 5 minutes. Drain the pasta, and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add in the chopped kale and peppers. Cook for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add in the pasta, and remove from the heat.
- Pierce a small sweet potato in several places with a fork, and microwave the potato for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove the skin, and slice the potato in half.
- In a blender, combine the milk and the cooked sweet potato. Blend until smooth, and transfer the mixture into a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the paprika and pepper. Briskly whisk in the flour. Whisking constantly, slowly stir in the cheese.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and add the pasta and vegetable mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin tin. Press down really well so the cups will hold together.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and place onto a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Adapted from sheknows.com