In Georgia, we face high heat and humidity during summer months. Keep your body cool and hydrated with these tricks.
Water, water, water
1. Water bottles: Everyone in your family should have a personalized water bottle. Fun printed Duct tape is a great way to personalize plain bottles. An insulated bottle is best to encourage water intake on a hot day.
2. Spruce up your ice cubes. Grab an old fashioned ice tray and fill with fruit – citrus wedges, berries, and/or fresh herbs such as mint. Add water and freeze.
3. Create your own spa water using similar combinations for fruits, veggies and herbs.
1. Frozen fruit: Dip blueberries or grapes in low-fat or fat-free yogurt. Try Greek yogurt for added protein. Freeze for a cool snack.
2. Smoothie pops: Make your favorite smoothie an pour into a popsicle mold. Freeze.
3. Banana ice cream: Freeze bananas and puree in a food processor or blender for a creamy treat, like ice cream!