1¼ lb ground turkey
1 cup cooked quinoa
½ medium onion, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup grated zucchini
¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, cooked quinoa, grated onion, garlic, zucchini, parsley, dried chili flakes, soy sauce, oregano, ground pepper and egg.
- Mix well to combine. Using a 1½ tablespoon portion of the turkey mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, heat the tomato sauce in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Transfer the meatballs to the tomato sauce and gently stir to coat the meatballs.
Spoon the meatballs and sauce into a bowl, serve alongside lettuce leaves and Parmesan cheese.